Nowadays, video tutorials in all walks of life are too familiar to us on the Internet, which is becoming an increasingly popular way to share information. By recording computer screens, whether it's to create a training course for work or class, or it's to record a YouTube live streaming video, you're unlikely to get it done so smoothly without a high-quality screen and audio recorder. Whereas to produce the final complete video effect, you'll need some more capable free video recording software.
Here in this article, we list the five best screen recorders with the ability to record screen with audio simultaneously. Some are free with partially core features, while some are cross-platform compatible that are friendly to multi-device video and audio recordings. Read on to find the one that fits your needs.
Free Screen Recorder is a screen recording software developed by Thundersoft. At 15.6MB, it is a lightweight program capable of recording your computer screen. This includes capturing the audio from videos and microphones simultaneously. Download Sound Recorder for Mac to simple sound recording app, uses QuickTime. 3 months free with 1-year plan. Download Now Best for customer support $39.99 for the first 12 months. Use free Audacity software to record and edit sound on windows, mac and linux. Download Audacity Download the free Audacity audio editor for Windows, Mac or Linux from our download partner, FossHub: Download Audacity for Windows, Mac or Linux Audacity is free of charge.
#1. EaseUS RecExperts (Recommend)
Applies to Windows 10/8/7
EaseUS RecExperts is one of the best screen and audio recorder software on the market. With the best free screen recorder, you can use one-click to start your unlimited recordings! It's thus far the most straightforward yet powerful recording software that perfectly captures your computer screen, webcam, and facecam activities, and allows you to narrate through a microphone as well. You just need to click some button that you can easy to use. As the most popular screen recorder, EaseUS RecExperts has attracted plenty of attention when it launches this year. there is no doubt, this software is the best powerful software that you do not miss it! If you are interested in this software, you can click the following link to download it and have a try.
- Ultra-simple recording with a graphical user interface
- Record all types of activities on your screen like video stream, self-demonstration, etc.
- Simultaneously capture video and audio from your computer or your microphone
- Support real-time editing on the video while recording
- Provide real-time video ability
- Support editing your watermarks
- Can record from webcams
- Few video editing features
How to record screen with sound using EaseUS RecExperts:
Step 1. Launch EaseUS RecExperts. You can choose one of the four main functions on the main screen. Here you need to click 'Record Screen'.
Step 2. Click 'Custom' to select a screen area to record. You may choose 'Full Screen', 'Selected Region', 'Fixed Region', 'Locked Window' or to customize window size here. If you want to record the screen and webcam at the same time, make sure you connected a webcam to your computer.
Step 3. Click 'Microphone', and you may choose to record system sound only, record microphone only, record both, or record without audio.
Step 4. Click 'REC' to start recording. After recording completed, the videos will be shown on the 'Video List'.
Step 5. Right-click the video recorded, you may preview, compress, edit, share the video, and do more.
Applies to Windows and macOS
Snagit developed by TechSmith is trustworthy in the first place. This screen and audio capture software promises to let you quickly capture a process, add your explanation, and create visual instructions in a simple and powerful way. With Snagit, your headache won't last because it allows you to record a video with audio, sound, and your voice, by which you can present people's visual instructions rather than pastime wordy emails and documentation! Now people can easily understand you.
Audio Recording Software For Mac Free Download
- Screen and audio capture on your computer screen
- Support panoramic capture, i.e. capture wide, horizontal scrolls, scrolling webpages, and everything between
- Pre-made templates let you create visual documentation, tutorials, and training materials more easily
- Allow you to talk through a process and answer questions with a quick video
- One of the super easy-to-use yet professional video and audio recording software
- Windows 10/8/7 and macOS Catalina/Mojave/High Sierra compatible
- Instantly share your images and videos to Microsoft Applications, TechSmith Camtasia, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, and more platforms
- It has a free trial version
- Price starts from $49.95
- Absence of secure FTP connection
- No option to export files from WMV and AVI format
Applies to Windows
The other best screen recorder with audio which allows users to record computer screen, system sound and microphone is called Bandicam. It's a Windows-based program but also supports the Linux operating system. My experience with Bandicam is that I can take screenshots, record screen, and record voice with no lag at all. Whenever you want to record lectures, webinars, games, and Skype calls, try Bandicam. It also lets you add narration from your microphone and video from your webcam.
Desktop Audio Recorder Free Mac
- Record an area or full screen as you want
- Draw and outline on your video or screenshot in real-time
- Add webcam overlay of yourself on the video that you're recording
- Mix your own voice in the video that you're recording
- Hardware acceleration for screen recording
- Capture 4K Ultra HD videos up to 3840x2160
- Record over 24 hours without stopping
- Upload a captured video to YouTube
- The free version leaves a watermark on your video recording
- Lacks of built-in video editing functions
#4. OBS Studio
Applies to Windows, macOS, and Linux
OBS Studio is a popular free and open source screen recorder and live streaming software for Windows, macOS, and Linux. Open source means that the OBS project is maintained and devoted by generous contributors from its sponsors and backers. As is popular till now, OBS Studio is regularly optimized in order to give the best video and audio recording experience for its faithful users. So, if you prefer free software to record screen as well as the sound, OBS is another pleasant choice.
Screen Recorder For Mac Free Download With Audio
- High performance in real-time video and audio capturing and mixing
- Custom transitions let you set up an unlimited number of scenes you recorded
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters
- Create professional video productions with a wide array of customizable video effects
- Compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux
- Not the most user-friendly here, but kind of easy-to-use for beginners
- Support HD streaming and capturing
- Totally free; exported videos are free from watermarks
- Setting up takes more time than usual
Applies to Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Chromebook
Screencast-O-Matic aims to simplify the video recording and editing in the largest extent. At Screencast-O-Matic, you will be impressed by how it is simple and intuitive. Educators and students are fond of making videos and recording sound with it, and the videos are used in the classroom for flipped or blended learning, student assignments and more application that makes the education easier than ever! Do you need to create videos for work? No problem.
- Record screen and webcam simultaneously
- Screen capture a still image/video, specific window, or a small portion of the user's screen
- Edit and annotate screen captures and video captures with markup tools and image editing tools
- Record a video capture and save it as a video file, audio file, or GIF file
- Both a free version and paid version available
- Offer explicit plans for education, work, and developers
- Provide the greatest compatibility than others
- Available on Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, and Chromebook
- Video recording and video editing are two separate products
To Sum Up
Regarding the topic 'video and audio recorder', we come up with the best five recommendations, some of which are free to use while some ask for a payment for full features. In conclusion, based on an overall rating in an aspect of user-friendliness, screen and audio recording abilities, video editing features, and sharing options, the top five videos and audio recorders are come out. Here we highly recommend EaseUS RecExperts. This easy to use yet full-featured screen recorder can meet all your needs while recording!