- Can I Download Windows 10 On My Mac For Free
- Windows 10 For Mac Free
- Download Windows To Mac
- How Do I Download Windows 10 For Free On My Mac
- Install Windows On Mac Free
Hello friends, Today I will tell you a method to Download and install Windows on a Mac. Users can use Windows 8.1 or 10 in their MacOS. You can use both MacOS and Windows OS on the Mac. Users can even delete the Windows from their Mac. So Reboot your Mac OS with Windows.
With amazing new capabilities and updates to features you use every day, iOS 8 is the biggest iOS release ever. Learn more about iOS 8; The latest version of OS X features an elegant design, includes enhancements to the apps you use most, and enables your Mac. Technically, you can download Windows 10 from Microsoft and simply not activate it, which means you don’t pay for it. It turns out this is safer than it sounds because Microsoft is pretty lax about.
It is hard to believe but you can install Windows on a Mac. Apple comes with an inbuilt feature of Boot Camp that makes dual booting Windows on Mac possible. You can use either Windows or MacOS at a time but with full configuration. If you are well versed in what Boot Camp is and how it works, you can use it for this process. You need to partition your drive when you will be installing Windows on your Mac. Installing Windows turns out to be a lot faster than the virtual machine that you choose to run particular Windows applications.
Read more: How to Wipe a Mac to Factory Settings without CD
- 1 How to Install Windows on a Mac – Windows for Mac Free Download
Bootcamp Download Windows 10
You can use Windows 10 on Mac that was out in 2012 and later years. Macs after 2010-16 support Windows 8.1 very well. Windows 7 is supported by Macs that were released in 2014 and before. The Enterprise versions of Windows cannot be installed on a Mac. Mac supports 64-bit only. You need a USB drive of size 16GB at least for installing Windows7. For Windows 8.1 & 10, you just need the ISO file of the installer. You will have to upgrade Windows 8 to 8.1 version. The steps below are given to install Windows 8.1 & 10. For Windows 7, the order changes a bit.
Read more: How to Mirror Android Screen on PC over WiFi
- Download the ISO image from or .
- Backup your Mac for the safety of your data.
- Press Command+Space à type Boot Camp à press Enter to launch it.
- Click Continue that appears on the next window.
- It asks you about your ISO file and size of your Windows partition. Choose your partition carefully as later if you want to modify, it becomes a tedious job.
- After that, click Install. Boot Camp starts downloading Windows support software.
- The installer itself partitions your disk. You need to copy the installer to that partition.
- After the process completes, your Mac reboots.
- The first window that will appear after rebooting is the Windows Setup. Click Next.
- Select partitioned named BOOTCAMP and not any other partition. This mistake will make you lose your data.
- Skip the later steps as they demand the use of Internet until the Boot Camp installer window appears.
- You need to follow the installer to set the drivers.
Bootcamp Mac Download – Boot into Windows
- To boot into Windows, turn off your Mac then switch it on by holding the Option key.
- Select the drive in which you want to boot from.
- Select Windows
Hurray! You’ve installed and booted into Windows on a Mac. If you want to boot into Windows by default, open Boot Control Panel in Windows. Click on the Up arrow on the taskbar to open the panel. You can choose the default OS that your Mac boots into from here.
Read more: How to Convert GIF to Video
Removing Windows from Mac
Backup your files, as it deletes all the data present on Windows partitions.
- First of all, you need to free up space.
- Reboot into MacOS
- Open Boot Camp Assistant
- Select Restore to a Single Volume option.
This Assistant automatically removes Windows. MacOS regains its previously used space.
Last words on How to Install Windows on a Mac – Windows for Mac Free Download
You can even use Parallels to run Windows on your Mac. Parallel Toolbox works faster than any Virtualbox. You can run any Windows applications without rebooting or installing Windows. Command key on Mac is Windows key and Option key is Alt key for Windows. For installing Windows 7, Boot Camp first sets up the installer USB disk and then the partitioning process. I hope this article was useful. Drop comments if you have any doubts, I will guide you and don’t forget to share this article!
What you need to install Windows 10 on Mac
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2012 or later
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later
- Mac mini introduced in 2012 or later
- iMac introduced in 2012 or later1
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro introduced in 2013 or later
The latest macOS updates, which can include updates to Boot Camp Assistant. You will use Boot Camp Assistant to install Windows 10.
64GB or more free storage space on your Mac startup disk:
- Your Mac can have as little as 64GB of free storage space, but at least 128GB of free storage space provides the best experience. Automatic Windows updates require that much space or more.
- If you have an iMac Pro or Mac Pro with 128GB of memory (RAM) or more, your startup disk needs at least as much free storage space as your Mac has memory.2
An external USB flash drive with a storage capacity of 16GB or more, unless you're using a Mac that doesn't need a flash drive to install Windows.
A 64-bit version of Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Pro on a disk image (ISO) or other installation media. If installing Windows on your Mac for the first time, this must be a full version of Windows, not an upgrade.
- If your copy of Windows came on a USB flash drive, or you have a Windows product key and no installation disc, download a Windows 10 disk image from Microsoft.
- If your copy of Windows came on a DVD, you might need to create a disk image of that DVD.
How to install Windows 10 on Mac
To install Windows, use Boot Camp Assistant, which is included with your Mac.
1. Use Boot Camp Assistant to create a Windows partition
Open Boot Camp Assistant, which is in the Utilities folder of your Applications folder. Then follow the onscreen instructions.
- If you're asked to insert a USB drive, plug your USB flash drive into your Mac. Boot Camp Assistant will use it to create a bootable USB drive for Windows installation.
- When Boot Camp Assistant asks you to set the size of the Windows partition, remember the minimum storage-space requirements in the previous section. Set a partition size that meets your needs, because you can't change its size later.
2. Format the Windows (BOOTCAMP) partition
When Boot Camp Assistant finishes, your Mac restarts to the Windows installer. If the installer asks where to install Windows, select the BOOTCAMP partition and click Format. In most cases, the installer selects and formats the BOOTCAMP partition automatically.
3. Install Windows
Unplug any external devices that aren't necessary during installation. Then click Next and follow the onscreen instructions to begin installing Windows.
4. Use the Boot Camp installer in Windows
After Windows installation completes, your Mac starts up in Windows and opens a ”Welcome to the Boot Camp installer” window. Follow the onscreen instructions to install Boot Camp and Windows support software (drivers). You will be asked to restart when done.
- If the Boot Camp installer never opens, open the Boot Camp installer manually and use it to complete Boot Camp installation.
- If you have an external display connected to a Thunderbolt 3 port on your Mac, the display will be blank (black, gray, or blue) for up to 2 minutes during installation.
Can I Download Windows 10 On My Mac For Free
How to switch between Windows and macOS
Windows 10 For Mac Free
Restart, then press and hold the Option (or Alt) ⌥ key during startup to switch between Windows and macOS.
If you have one of these Mac models using OS X El Capitan 10.11 or later, you don't need a USB flash drive to install Windows:
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2017 or later3
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2015 or later3
- iMac introduced in 2015 or later
- iMac Pro (all models)
- Mac Pro introduced in late 2013
Download Windows To Mac
To remove Windows from your Mac, use Boot Camp Assistant, not any other utility.
For more information about using Windows on your Mac, open Boot Camp Assistant and click the Open Boot Camp Help button.
1. If you're using an iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2014) or iMac (27-inch, Late 2013) or iMac (27-inch, Late 2012) with a 3TB hard drive and macOS Mojave or later, learn about an alert you might see during installation.
How Do I Download Windows 10 For Free On My Mac
2. For example, if your Mac has 128GB of memory, its startup disk must have at least 128GB of storage space available for Windows. To see how much memory your Mac has, choose Apple menu > About This Mac. To see how much storage space is available, click the Storage tab in the same window.
Install Windows On Mac Free
3. These Mac models were offered with 128GB hard drives as an option. Apple recommends 256GB or larger hard drives so that you can create a Boot Camp partition of at least 128GB.