Get FaceTime on Macbook & iMac
Hello everyone, how are you all doing today? In this guide you will learn how to make facetime calls on your Mac, before you do that, I hope you are all having a great Tuesday afternoon. My Tuesday is going just fine. I am currently stuck listening to Adele’s new song, Hello. Yeah yeah, I know it’s not the most upbeat song, especially not on a Tuesday but I can relate to it right now, put it that way lol, anyway please read on…
Today we will show you how to easily and I mean easily make FaceTime calls directly from your Macbook or iMac computers using the same address book from your iPhone or iPad. Let’s first find out what exactly FaceTime is and if it’s worth your time to even use it.
What Is FaceTime?
A video telephone or video chat service somewhat similar to Skype and Google Hangouts that makes it possible to conduct one-on-one video calls between newer Apple iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iMac computers and Macbook laptops. It’s basically Skype or Google Hangouts but for Apple devices, that is really the easiest way to define this.
- To do this on a 13-inch MacBook Pro, you can temporarily detach your power cord, plug one of the devices in its stead and then plug the other device in the other port. MacBook Pros have extensive battery life, so you can accomplish a lot of work even with the MBP unplugged. Bring on the Emojis!
- This really started driving me crazy, as I don’t use FaceTime, and I don’t even have a camera connected to my Mac Pro. To stop this from happening, I just turned FaceTime off. To do this, open a new finder window, and then open your Applications folder. Now click/open FaceTime.
Make A FaceTime Call From A Macbook or iMac:
Download Facetime for PC /Windows: Facetime is an iOS application that comes preinstalled on the Apple devices like iPhone, Ipad, and Mac Computers for free of cost. It is a video messaging app that will enhance the User experience of video calling without video interruption. If you are running the latest version of Mac OS X, Mac 10.6.6 that is, then you can download FaceTime app from the Mac App Store. While the app is included free of charge on the new Macbook Pro, rest of the users have to — unfortunately — buy FaceTime HD from the Mac App Store. Yes, FaceTime HD is.
- To get started, just launch FaceTime from either your Applications folder or your Dock, and the FaceTime window appear.
- FaceTime uses your Address Book automatically, so if you have friends or family with iPhone, iPad, iPod touches, or Macs, just click their e-mail address or phone number to initiate a video call.
- That’s it, other people have a long way of doing it but this is the best way to get the best of your FaceTime on your Macbook or iMac without wasting time.
Download Facetime For Mac Free
FaceTime on El Capitan Mac OS X
Download Facetime For Mac Computer
Remember to like our facebook and our twitter @macheatdotcom for a chance to win a free iPad every month!
Facetime For Mac Laptop
Quick Links: Quick Links: How To Connect Your Mac To The Internet, & How To Use Airdrop on Mac