- Download Motif: Photobook & Album Maker for macOS 10.13 or later and enjoy it on your Mac. Motif Photos works seamlessly in Apple Photos, transforming your pictures into premium, personalized photo books, calendars, and cards.
- Download Apple iPhoto for Mac to image organizer: makes books, slideshows. IPhoto 11 is the latest version of Apple's popular photo manipulation and sharing app. With iPhoto 11 you can touch.
If you're already running Yosemite, you can download Photos for Mac by checking for updates in the Mac App Store. IPhoto is Apple's flagship application for managing and viewing photos on your Mac. As a competitor to Picasa it packs a powerful punch as a slick OS X image management app that's fully integrated into iCloud, Maps and more.
Mac iOS has a wonderful app called iPhoto. iPhoto App allows you to import pictures from digital cameras and local storage devices. Most of the Apple users choose iPhoto App to transfer their photos. But, you can only sync pictures from iPhone camera roll with iPhoto. So, if you want to transfer all your photos, Albums then there are many other easy ways. Do you want to import photos from your iPhone to Mac? But the problem is you don’t know the easy way to transfer it without iPhoto. As iPhoto app is there in Mac but except that you want to use another method then what is it? Do not worry as we are here to help you out. Go through the full article and learn How To Import Photos From iPhone To Mac Without iPhoto?
Before we see the methods of importing photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto, first let us see the problems while transferring photos through iPhoto App.
Problems on Transferring Photos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto App
- How To Import Photos From iPhone To Mac Without iPhoto?
On MacBook and iMac, the iPhoto works well with Mac OS. The Problems we get while transferring photos from iPhone to Mac with iPhoto is:
- When the iPhoto / Photos App is open, the processor gets overheat and reboots the machine because of high CPU usage.
- By default, it creates duplicates of images which are manually added
- The pictures which are stored in the iPhoto app cannot be accessed easily from another program.
- The app will compress the image size on exporting
- When syncing locally stored photos, the iCloud service can’t do it properly
- Photos App does not recognize the iPhone when it is plugged in another Mac OS
- Photos library is 50% bigger in memory size than the iPhoto Library.
Ways To Import Photos from iPhone To Mac without iPhoto.
- with AnyTrans
- via Email
- Tenorshare iCareFone
- using MobiMover
- using AirDrop
- Image Capture
- with Preview
How To Import Photos From iPhone To Mac Without iPhoto?
Follow the given methods to import Photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto.
Method 1: Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac using AnyTrans Software
Best features of the App are:
- AnyTrans app transfers all the photos from iPhone to Mac and also from Mac to iPhone.
- You get Full control and management on your Photos and also on Camera Roll, Photo Stream, Photo Library and My Albums.
- It supports fast transferring speed through high-efficient batch mode.
Now, check out the step by step guide on transferring photos with AnyTrans App.
- Step 1: First of all download the AnyTrans App and Install it on your Mac.
- Step 2: Then connect your iPhone to Mac via USB Cable.
- Step 3: Click on Photos > Choose one album which you want to transfer
- Step 4: Choose the photos and select them
- Step 5: Now, click on the Computer button.
Method 2: Import Photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto via Email
Yes, you can import your iPhone photos to Mac via Email. I believe this is one of the easiest Methods. Use your Email to send iPhone photos to your Mac and then save them from email to Mac. For a few of them, it can be little troublesome, but this is the best option to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto.
Follow the given steps to import Photos from iPhone to Mac via Email.
- On your iPhone, open the Photos App and select the specific Ablum which contains photos which you want to transfer to Mac.
- Click on the “Edit” option and check the photos which you want to transfer
- At the bottom side click on the Share icon and select the “Email” option.
- Enter your Email address and then send the email
- Now, open your Mac and Log in to the Email id
- Open the email which you sent the photos and download the photos from there on your Mac.
This is how you can save photos on Mac from your iPhone through Email. Isn’t the simple way?
Method 3: Transfer Photos From iPhone to Mac Via Tenorshare iCareFone
This is a third-party file transferring tool called Tenorshare iCareFone. It is like an alternative to Mac Photos App. This app works for all iOS devices including iPad and iPod touch. With this app, you can import and export photos, videos, music, contacts, apps, note, and much more. All the quality of the pictures will be original only it won’t get damage. Follow the given steps to import photos from iPhone to Mac.
- First Launch the Tenorshare iCareFone and plug in your iOS device to Mac.
- Then click on the File Manager. You will see 9 files are covered
- Choose Photos and
- Then all the pictures will be displayed on your device just like the original one.
- Now, after selecting the pictures Click on “Export”.
Method 4: Transfer photos from iPhone to Mac using MobiMover
To Import all your iPhone photos to Mac use the Freeware MobiMover app. Install MobiMover on your Mac and then transfer files from iPhone to Mac and from Mac to iPhone. With the help of this app, you can not only transfer photos from iPhone to Mac but also on iPhone to iPhone. Follow the given steps to use MobiMover:
- First, connect your iPhone to your Mac and then connect it via USB Cable
- Open the MobiMover app and choose your iDevice to Mac
- Also can use the custom feature to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac by clicking on your device name and then on Picture then on Photo/ Album.
- Choose the category which you want to copy from iPhone to Mac.
- You can also transfer videos, audio, contacts, and much more.
- To choose the location for the images click on the folder icon and then click on the Transfer button to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac
- It may take few minutes to import as it depends on the size of the file.
That’s it! Done.
Method 5: Import Photos from iPhone to Mac Via AirDrop
If you want to know How To Import Photos From iPhone To Mac Without iPhoto? then use AirDrop. With the help of AirDrop, you can import photos without cable. Follow the steps given below:
STEP 1: On your Mac, Turn on AirDrop
- Then go to Finder > Go > AirDrop and on the Bluetooth and Wifi. AirDrop will be on, on your Mac
- Then set the option Allow to be discovered by Everyone or Only Contacts
STEP 2: ON iPhone Turn on AirDrop
- From the bottom of your iPhone screen Swipe up and open Control Center.
- Press on the module where the Airplane Mode is, Tap on AIRDROP and set your iPhone to discover by Contacts Only or Everyone.
STEP 3: Import Photos From iPhone To Mac.
- On your iPhone open Photos App
- Now, select the photos which you want to import from iPhone
- Click on the share button and on the name of your Mac in the AirDrop section
- Import photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto.
Method 6: Import Photos from iPhone to Mac With Preview
Preview supports only transferring camera Roll photos. So, if you only want to transfer photos from camera Roll then only this will help. Follow the steps given below.
- First, connect your iPhone to Mac with the USB Cable
- Launch the Preview
- Click on file which is at the upper left corner of your screen.
- Choose import from your iPhone
- Choose the photos which you want to transfer by clicking Import or Import all
- Click where you want to transfer iPhone photos.
Apple Iphoto For Mac
However, there are many other ways to import photos from iPhone to Mac. But these are the best app by which you can transfer photos from iPhone to Mac without iPhoto App. If you want to transfer photos from your iPhone to Mac without using iPhoto then follow the given steps. Stay tuned to us for more and latest updates.
iCloud Photos uploads new photos and videos from your Windows PC so you can view them in the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac, and on iCloud.com. New photos that you take automatically download from iCloud Photos and you can choose to download your entire collection by year.
Here's what you need
Before you get started, you need to sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID. Just follow the set up instructions for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch or Mac. Then follow these steps to turn on iCloud Photos on your PC with Windows 7 or later.
Learn more about iCloud system requirements.
Turn on iCloud Photos
- Download iCloud for Windows.
- Open iCloud for Windows.
- Next to Photos, click Options.
- Select iCloud Photos.
- Click Done, then click Apply.
- Turn on iCloud Photos on all of your Apple devices.
If you're using iCloud for Windows 10 or later, you can also choose to use Shared Albums, and customize the location of your Shared Albums folders.
If you're using iCloud for Windows 7, you can also choose to use My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing (Shared Albums), and customize the location of your upload and download folders.
When you turn on iCloud Photos on your PC in iCloud for Windows 7, My Photo Stream is turned off automatically. If you want to send new photos to your devices that don't use iCloud Photos, you can turn My Photo Stream back on.
Upload your photos and videos to iCloud Photos
You can upload your photos and videos from your PC to iCloud Photos when you follow these steps:
If you're using iCloud for Windows 10 or later:
- Open a File Explorer window.
- In the Navigation pane, click on iCloud Photos.
- In another window, open the folder where you currently store the photos that you want to add to iCloud Photos.
- Select the photos that you want to add.
- Drag them into the iCloud Photos folder.
If you're using iCloud for Windows 7:
- Open a File Explorer window.
- Under Quick Access (Favorites in Windows 7 and 8), click iCloud Photos.
- Click Upload photos and videos.
- Choose the photos and videos you want to upload and click Open.
Download Iphoto For Mac Free Full Version
You can view the photos and videos you uploaded in the Photos app on iCloud.com and on all your Apple devices.
Download your photos and videos from iCloud Photos
New photos and videos you add to iCloud Photos will automatically download to your PC. You can also download your collection by year, in iCloud for Windows 10 or earlier, when you follow these steps:
- On your Windows computer, open File Explorer (Windows 8 or later) or Windows Explorer (Windows 7).
- Click iCloud Photos in the Navigation pane. If you don’t see iCloud Photos, click Pictures in the Navigation pane, then double-click iCloud Photos.
- If you're using iCloud for Windows 11.1, double-click a thumbnail to download the file.
- If you're using iCloud for Windows 10 or iCloud for Windows 7: New photos and videos you add to iCloud on another device are automatically downloaded to your PC. To download older photos and videos in iCloud for Windows 10, click the Notification area in the taskbar, then click Download Photos in the iCloud Photos notification. Choose the photos and videos you want to download by year.
- In iCloud for Windows 7, click “Download photos and videos” in the Windows Explorer toolbar. Choose the photos and videos you want to download by year, then click Download.
Your photos and videos download to the location you set in iCloud Photos Options.
In iCloud for Windows 10 or later, if a photo or video is changed on another device or on iCloud.com, it’s updated automatically on your PC. In iCloud for Windows version 7, you need to re-download the photos to see any updates.
Download Iphoto For Macbook Air
If you need help managing and using iCloud Photos with your Windows PC, you can learn more.